Tip Assembly Procedure
Installing your stick tip can be done with or without glue. At Tribe, we typically prefer not to use glue as it is convenient an easy.
- Step 1: What you will need
- Stick tape (1 in wide)
- Stick tip
- Hot melt glue gun (optional)
- Step 2: Cut tape
Using scissors, cut a piece of stick tape 3 inches long.
**Try to cut the edge as straight as possible.
- Step 3: Apply tape to stick tip
Apply the cut piece of tape to the tenon of the stick tip. The tape should be installed to form a u-shape around the extremity of the tip. This will prevent the tape from rolling when inserting the tip in the shaft.
- Short tip in shaft flex 40 or 50 / 1 tape layer
- Short tip in shaft flex 60 or 65 / 1 tape layer
- Long tip in shaft flex 40 or 50 / 2 tape layer
- Long tip in shaft flex 60 or 65 / 1 tape layer
- Step 4: Apply glue (Optional step)
At the tip receiving end of the shaft, apply a generous amount of glue to all 4 inside surfaces of the shaft.
**This is an optional step to make the tip even more secure.
- Step 5: Insert tenon of stick tip
Slightly insert the tenon of the stick tip inside the tip receiving end of the shaft.
- Step 6: Push tip inside shaft
With the stick tip resting on the ground, smoothly push the shaft down the tenon of the tip.
The shaft should be pushed down as straight as possible. Bending the tip, when not fully inserted, can break the tip.
**Avoid hammering the tip in the shaft by hitting the tip on the ground as this can break the tip when not fully inserted.
If you have any questions or comments about your stick tip assembly, please feel free to contact us.
Contact Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org